Friday, June 1, 2012

The Little World...


What is this fascination my family has with the little world? My mother's initials were E.L.F., our niece has the same initials, and she just had a baby with name of Aubrey, whose meaning translates to "Elf."  Our father made gorgeous doll furniture - now in the homes of many miniature collectors, and our parents helped establish the Cleveland Miniature society.  My mother had a ceramic elf collection, which she displayed on the mantle every Christmas, they are now divided amongst us siblings.
When I was a child, I made tiny houses, barns, horses, clothes and paper dolls, all out of cardboard. Was our family really pixies in a different life?!?!?
Our etsy shop has many prints of our silhouette cuttings, and now the latest is a wee smaller version of them, 2.5" x 3.5". They look so sweet, you can't stop touching them. Some are inspirational, and need to be on your desk, so you can be reminded of their message every day.

So, I was wondering...do mice really have beds made out of match box holders? You know, hidden behind the walls thru their mice hole...like you see in the cartoons? Who knows? I bet they do...    

No comments:

Post a Comment